High quality 2 part adhesive for all PVC inflatable boats.
Available in both 1/4 pint and 1/2 pint sizes.
PVC Repair Instructions
To complete the repair you will need –
Adhesive, masking tape, scissors, pencil, small paint brush, mixing pot, acetone, clean rag and a hot air gun or hair dryer
- Cut patch to appropriate size and round off corners. The patch should cover the hole by at least 25mm in every direction
- Use a pencil to trace the patch on the surface of the boat
- Tape around the outside of the pencil line using masking tape
- Clean all surfaces with acetone
- Mix the hardener to the adhesive. For example mix all the hardener when using the whole tin and half the hardener when using half the tin and so on (follow the manufacturer’s instruction)
- Apply a thin coat of adhesive to the boat and the patch
- Leave the adhesive for 10 to 15 minutes and then apply a second coat
- Wait another 5 to 10 minutes and then heat all surfaces with a hairdryer or hot air gun to reactivate the adhesive
- Carefully apply the patch and rub into position with any hard item a spoon is a good option
- Remove the masking tape and clean any excess with acetone
- You should not attempt to repair the boat in direct sunlight or in humid/rainy conditions
- For best results leave the boat deflated for 24hrs you could partially inflate the boat after 3 hours in an emergency
- We recommend the boat be inspected professionally if the cut is larger than 60mm or structurally affected
Note: All website prices exclude freight and handling. To calculate the amount please click ADD TO CART and enter your postcode.