Riptide® Transom steps up to the rigors of saltwater and never backs down.
Where lesser motors fold their tents and head home under pressure Riptide Transom brings it day after day. You simply cannot find a trolling motor better suited to give saltwater the ultimate stare down. End of story.
Note: All website prices exclude freight and handling. To calculate the amount please click add to cart, view cart and enter your postcode.
- 12 volt
- 55lb thrust
- 42 inch shaft
- Transom mount
- Salt & freshwater use
- Digital Maximizer - controls and optimizes power to extend battery life and reduce damaging heat. You’ll stay on the water up to five times longer on a single charge
- One-hand stow - A remarkably simple one-hand stow mechanism gets Riptide Transom in and out of the water in no time. Just pull up and forward to stow the motor with no buttons or release levers. Then when it’s time to go use the easy-access thumb release to deploy Riptide Transom into any of ten different positions.
- Steering Tension Control - The innovative collar above the Riptide Transom mount allows you to adjust steering tension precisely to your desired level. Keep it loose for effortless steering or tighten it down to keep Riptide Transom in place allowing for true vertical stowing.
- Quick-Lock Cam Depth Adjuster - This easy-to-use adjuster lets you change depths simply and securely and it locks in tight to keep your motor right where you want it.
- Tilt-Extend Tiller - Riptide Transom’s innovative comfortable tiller handle can both tilt (up to 45º) and extend (up to 6") for maximum control to fit any style of fishing.
- Push-to-Test Battery Gauge - Get an instant “state of charge” with this easy-to-read gauge.
- Advanced Corrosion Protection - Riptide motors are impervious to saltwater’s corrosive effects thanks to premium-grade marine alloys and aluminium upper arms. Metals undergo a rigid multi-step cleaning process before being anodized or coated with a special zinc dichromate armour plating. All components are then finished with a durable 5-mil TGIC polyester powder coat paint. When it’s all done you’re left with unequalled corrosion protection.
- Full Encapsulated Electronics - Marine-grade urethane fully encapsulates Riptide control boards to protect the electronic circuitry. Also all electrical connections are sealed with liquid-tight heat shrink tubing to form an impregnable barrier against saltwater.
- Sacrificial Anode - Galvanic corrosion occurs when two dissimilar metals come into electrical contact through saltwater. Riptide fights back with a patented sacrificial zinc anode a composite shaft and properly balanced materials that are close in electrical potential. The result is a motor that’s completely protected from saltwater’s destructive forces.
- Indestructible Composite Shaft - Pound for pound our composite shaft is stronger than steel. It flexes on impact and won’t break kink or corrode. That’s why we’re confident enough to make it the only trolling motor shaft that’s guaranteed for life.
- Cool Quiet Power - Nothing runs cooler or more quietly than a Minn Kota®. Our extra large windings and commutators dissipate heat resulting in cooler operation extended battery power and longer motor life. And our unique bearing system reduces friction to cut fish-spooking noise. So quiet they’ll never hear you coming.
- Two-Year Warranty - This motor is backed up with Minn Kota®’s two-year warranty.